From the first church gathering together to Jesus calling out the twelve
disciples, community matters. One of the main ways we practically and intentionally focus on community at New Covenant Fellowship is through small groups. Married, Single, Men, Women – there are all kinds of small groups – and there is definitely a group for you.
At New Covenant Fellowship, we believe that the Christian life is not meant to be lived alone. We are created in the image of a relational God, and therefore we are created to enjoy relationships with others. We believe that small groups are a great way to grow in relationship with others who are also pursuing spiritual growth.
The Purpose of the Church is to SHOW people Christ, GROW people in Christ and GLORIFY God. In Acts 2, the first church was BIG; 3,000 people gave their lives to Christ and met in the temple together. It was also SMALL. In Acts 2:46-47 it states, small groups met “in their homes…and the Lord added to the church daily, such as should be saved.”
On Sundays we worship together as a large group, but small groups meeting together will allow those who learn by hearing, listening, speaking and doing, to grow quicker and thicker in their faith. There are five purposes that GLORIFY God:
1. Worship: That’s loving God for who He is and for what He has done. God wants us to CENTER our life around HIM.
2. Fellowship: God wants us to CONNECT WITH BELIEVERS.
3. Discipleship: God wants us to CULTIVATE SPIRITUAL MATURITY. Discipleship happens in small groups.
4. Service: God wants us to CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING BACK.
5. Missions: God wants us to COMMUNICATE HIS LOVE.
If you have not connected to a small group yet, please send an email to Carlos Davis at email@example.com or call our church office (899.8001) and get connected.